Tuesday, February 16, 2010
getting news first on Twitter
I was on Twitter yesterday morning and I happen to follow ThatKevinSmith, also known as Kevin Smith the famous director. I signed on and the only tweets I saw were his, curious as to why he was taking over my Twitter I read on. Through several posts, Kevin Smith ranted about how he was kicked off a Southwest Airlines flight for being overweight. It was ridiculous, especially since he passed the so-called "arm rest test" and could fit just fine in the seat, even with the arm rests down. He got off the plane because they threatened to bring on security, but Smith was shocked and angry to say the least.
Little did I know, this would be of national interest, and it was all over the Internet and had over 1,000 articles when you typed in his name on Google News. This was the top article today.
Kevin Smith is demanding an apology on national TV and I think rightly so. He's going to sit in an airplane chair on the Daily Report and if he doesn't fit, he'll pay $10,000 to a charity that Southwest chooses.
Twitter was how I got this story first, and this is a reason I love Twitter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment